We are very pleased and excited about offering the Progress Sitefinity Advanced Developer class ONLINE. This class offers backend developers the ability to develop a web application using Sitefinity CMS. You will receive extensive knowledge and be taught by Sitefinity experts with 25 years of training experience. Each attendee will receive a certificate of completion. This class will enable you to confidently take the Advanced Sitefinity Developer Exam.
This course is designed to develop advanced skills for building applications using Progress Sitefinity CMS.
It starts with a basic overview and presentation, then quickly advances through fundamentals and more complex concepts. Special attention is given to application performance as well as to best practices for coding and testing Sitefinity applications.
Lino Tadros, MVP and Telerik Developer Expert, 11 years experience in Sitefinity.
$2,395 USD per student
3 full days from June 26th to June 28th, 2017
Will be conducted over GotoWebinar
What You Will Learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Develop the presentation layer of Progress® Sitefinity™ CMS using the Sitefinity Feather open source project
- Connect the presentation layer with the data layer using different Sitefinity APIs
- Model the data layer in Sitefinity CMS
- Integrate external content and integrate with external systems
- Perform advanced tasks such as optimizing application performance, testing code, etc.
Day 1 – Laying the Foundation
- Course Introduction
- Lesson 1: Brief Review of Sitefinity Features
- Lesson 2: Developing the Presentation Layer
- Lesson 3: Widget Designer Framework
Day 2 – Taking It to the Next Level
- Lesson 4: Bringing Content to the Presentation Layer Using APIs
- Lesson 5: Using Providers to Connect to Different Data Sources
- Lesson 6: Localization of Content
- Lesson 7: Working with Events
Day 3 – Advanced Topics
- Lesson 8: Optimizing the Performance of Your Sitefinity Application
- Lesson 9: Managing Sitefinity Configurations
- Lesson 10: Testing Your Code
- Create good performing Sitefinity applications
- Understand the Sitefinity architecture
- Create MVC widgets
- Extend existing Sitefinity functionality
- Learn the different APIs of Sitefinity
The course is designed for backend developers who want to develop a web application using Sitefinity CMS.
Before taking this course, students should have:
- Passed the Basic Sitefinity Developer Certification Exam
- Have strong experience developing ASP.NET applications
- Possess a working knowledge of ASP.NET MVC
- Hold a working knowledge of AngularJS
- Have work experience with relational databases
This class is an official Progress Sitefinity class with authorized and licensed Progress Sitefinity material through the Progress Partner Education Program.
Any individual completing this class will receive a free official certification exam from Progress valued at $200 at completion. The certificate will be valid for 90 days after the completion of the course.