Learn the basics of ASP.NET Core MVC in this 4-hour online session. On the surface, ASP.NET Core MVC is very similar to its predecessor, ASP.NET MVC 5. However, there are many small differences, such as close integration with Web API, that are worth learning to become productive with the new framework. Students with some experience with MVC will have an advantage, but the pattern will be briefly covered as well for those who are new to MVC.
This class uses Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 and Visual Studio Code 1.0.
You should take this training if:
- You are working with ASP.NET today and expect to work on ASP.NET Core within the next 12 months
- You are responsible for making decisions about when your organization adopts ASP.NET Core
- You are familiar with node.js or other non-Microsoft web stacks, and you’re interested in learning about the Microsoft .NET Core stack.
- Web developers
- Technical managers
- Visual Studio 2015 Templates for ASP.NET Core MVC projects
- Developing ASP.NET Core apps with Visual Studio Code (on Windows, Mac, or Linux)
- Configuring ASP.NET Core MVC
- Configuring Routing in ASP.NET Core MVC
- Dependency Injection in ASP.NET Core
- Working with Entity Framework Core
- Error Handling features in ASP.NET Core
- Unit Testing MVC apps